Sunday, August 12, 2007

HollyShorts Update

The HollyShorts Film Festival has been awesome the past two days! Before I get into the full update, let me just quickly remind you that "Honey, I'm Home" will have it's World Premiere tomorrow (I have begun typing this before midnight) Sunday August 12th at about 4pm at CineSpace at 6356 Hollywood Blvd. Based on today's turnout, we are going to have a packed theater at that time. Very likely going to be standing room only for a lot folks.

It was great to see Adrian Grenier at the Opening Night Reception. His short film "Euthanasia" kicked off the fest. Club Nacional was packed. The guest count was easily over 400.

The press I have been able to generate thus far from being the festival has been an added bonus. At the opening night reception, I was interviewed by Damon Campbell who is doing a short documentary on the festival. In addition to that I was interviewed on the red carpet by OurStage, who is a premium sponsor of the event and provided exclusive inside coverage of the Opening Night Party. It was a great experience and lots of fun. Both of these interviews will make their way online soon, and when they do, I will share them with you.

The festival itself today (Saturday) was tremendous. The festival directors Daniel Sol and Theo Dumont do a great job providing an intimate connection with all attending filmmakers to the event. You are not just another number or just another filmmaker. Every filmmaker who shows up is welcomed and embraced.

The highlights for me today were connecting connecting filmmakers Alex Ferrari (Broken, Cyn) and Jason Roberts (Tell-Tale). I have become familiar with Alex through his smash hit "Broken." The amount of attention he has garnered for his short film has been inspiration not only to me but to many independent filmmakers across the land. It's also cool, because my previous film "Shoot-Out" has screened at many of the same festivals as "Broken." Not only that, but his latest effort, "Cyn" made it's World Premiere today, and my latest effort, "Honey, I'm Home" will premiere tomorrow.

I wasn't familiar with Jason before today, but we crossed paths twice today and got to know each other a little. Great guy and passionate filmmaker. His work "Tell-Tale" inspired by Edgar Allen Poe's work is an impressive film. The cinematography, editing, and sound design on the film is all top notch. Check it out at an upcoming film festival near you.

Not only I was able to connect with those two talented filmmakers, I also received my third video interview from Steven Buchsbaum of http://www.truehollywoodtalk.com/. He is going to have a lot of great interviews from the festival available online over the next week or so. Will keep you posted.

If you are in the Los Angeles area, hope to see you at CineSpace for the HollyShorts Film Festival and for the World Premiere of "Honey, I'm Home"

My best,

David Branin

Dream Regime Productions

www.dreamregimeproductions.com

Myspace: www.myspace.com/dreamregimeproductions

No comments: